Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Day 14

A third cloudy cool day here. Yesterday I was c-o-l-d for the first time while I was out despite what I thought was a warm jacket. Warmed up internally with an Indian vegearian platter. Later went over to Lord & Taylor's on an errand which I immediately forgot to do, the vast ground floor was so beautifully decorated with tiny lights and greens. Last time I was there (maybe 20 years ago) I had a fever, decided to take a taxi to where I was staying on the West Side, the traffic just crawled along as snowflakes fell. Turned out to be a thicket of traffic near the Dakota Hotel where John Lennon had just been shot.

I'm missing bumping into friends along the Guanajuato sidewalks. Speaking of bumping though, here people always say politely Excuse Me if it happens. The body contact wouldn't be worth mentioning in Gto.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.poetserv.org/