Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

NYC: Shopping for new computer & camera

As I'm in the market for a new notebook computer and my first digital camera, I have been using my son, daughter-in-law, and one of their friends as consultants. I had already learned the hard way that offers at the Dell site come and go, including one that was perfect for me. The trio answered a lot of questions about technology, then after I investigated in more detail on the internet I went with Jon and Jay to Best Buys to look at the items in question.

I have struggled with adding accents when I type a Spanish name but at Best Buy I found out--after a persistent search for someone who could answer my question with something other than "you need to change the whole physical keyboard (WRONG)-- that accenting a word is now much easier in Windows XP than it was in Windows Millenium.

I'm excited about getting a digital camera so I can liven up my Chopper articles and my blogs, also keep in better touch with my family. Glad to be buying it in New York.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

http://www.poetserv.org/